Causes Of Hair Loss

(Last Updated On: March 26, 2019)

Why Some Men Go Bald

Androgenetic Alopecia, the correct term for Male Pattern Baldness is the cause of 95% of all male hair loss.  Diet, health issues and stress account for the other 5% along side effects from certain medications.

How Do I Know If I Have Male Pattern Baldness

The hair loss in this condition tends to follow the same course.  The hairline starts to recede, more often than not at the temples or the brow. You will notice that the hair around the crown begins to thin leaving the back and sides of the head normally covered in relatively good growth of hair.

malestages-of-baldness

The Causes

The condition is caused by Androgens, these are male hormones that affect the hair follicles…  A genetic problem that occurs when testosterone, the male hormone, is transformed into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT).  5-alpha reductase is the enzyme responsible for this change.

DHT damages the hair follicles and causes the natural hair growth to slow down and eventually stop completely.

Specialists and doctors alike do not not know why DHT only affects the front and centre while the back and side of the head seem to be unaffected.

Is Baldness Hereditary

It is certainly the case in some families and if your father lost his hair, then there is a good chance that you could too.  It does vary and is not always a certainty.  Looking after your health and keeping testosterone levels at a good level will make a difference.

What Is The Treatment For Male Pattern Baldness

It has been said that regaining hair growth is not possible. That is not entirely true.  Many men accept the hair loss, even embrace it, but there are also many men who find baldness depressing and even distressing and look for ways to improve their hair situation.

One effective way to encourage regrowth and maintain hair is too reduce DHT levels and enhance blood flow to the hair follicles.

Expensive Hair Transplants – Are They The Only Option?

While there are a great many men who decide to go down this route, it can be very costly, running in to thousands of dollars.  This type of treatment can be painful, lengthy and not a viable option for everyone.

Other treatments available that have been effective in the treatment of hairless work by profollica_icon001_450x600.gif-150x150reducing DHT levels and encourage new hair growth.

One such product is Profollica originating from the US and proving a great success worldwide.

Affordable for all and formulated to treat male pattern baldness without surgery.

Why Not Read Our Review On Profollica And Find Out More


The information in this website is for advice and guidance only. It is based on my own intensive research and personal experiences, and is not intended in any way to replace professional medical advice, or to diagnose or treat any health conditions. All rights reserved.